Nonprofits struggle for every donor and every dollar. Especially in 2020.
Pair that with the pain of dealing with 3rd party payment processors and clunky, unreliable systems, and there you have an instant recipe for endless frustration.
But sometimes it’s not easy to recognise when you’ve landed in this situation.
Many organisations do things the same way for so long, without looking into the market for a solution that better meets their needs.
But here’s the truth: payment processing may not be the flashiest or most exciting part of your job, but it’s arguably the most important.
So, let’s look at some of the must-haves when it comes to getting all the financial support possible from your community.
Financial transaction management must-haves in 2020
This allows you to accept credit and debit cards from major card providers like Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Maestro.
Simplified, low rates across all card providers (and no hidden fees)
The last thing your donors want is to waste time trying to figure out confusing fee structures and variable rates among different card types. They just want to help others.
Compatibility with your existing systems
When your payment processor works alongside the tools you already have is essential, life is much easier not only for you and your team but for your donors too. If your donation process isn’t simple and seamless, your donors will wish it was.
The best payment processors ensure protection against credit card fraud and data breaches. In the digital age, it’s compulsory to choose one that has your back in the face of a threat.
Why nonprofits love Blackbaud Merchant Services
Payment processing isn’t simply about getting the donations and moving on. It’s about creating a smooth experience for your supporters and your team as you work to make the world a better place.
With Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS), you can do all this and more, in one intelligent system.
- Developed specifically to help nonprofits succeed in their mission. With a 100% focus on social good and over 35 years of unparalleled expertise, Blackbaud remains the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good.
- Connects to the Blackbaud software you already use. BBMS comes ready to use with our award-winning, PCI-compliant solutions, including Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT®, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge®, Blackbaud CRM™, Blackbaud eTapestry®, and more.
- Proactive fraud prevention and data safety. Benefit from standard fraud prevention, as well as proactive fraud monitoring by our Compliance Team. It also features the Blackbaud Vault, which encrypts sensitive information and keeps your constituents’ credit card data secure by removing all the risks associated with storing card information.
- A single flat rate across all credit cards and transaction types. Blackbaud OneRATE gives you one flat rate across all credit cards and transaction types, including real-time, batch, point-of-sale, card-present, and card-not-present.
- Turn mobile visitors into supporters with one touch with Apple Pay. Using Apple Pay, your supporters can simply complete their donation without the need to log in or fill out a form.
"After doing our cost-benefit analysis, we found that Blackbaud Merchant Services’ rates will result in huge savings. More money will be used for our emergency and development programs; I highly recommend this solution to the Australia social good community."
Abdul Fattah Abu, Digital Transformation Manager, Human Appeal
So is BBMS right for me?
If you’re already a Blackbaud customer, Blackbaud Merchant Services is the perfect fit.
If you’re in the nonprofit sector and haven’t yet entered the Blackbaud ecosystem, BBMS is the simple, secure, and affordable end-to-end payment processing solution for you, whether you’re fighting homelessness or educating children. With BBMS, you can spend more time on what matters most: fulfilling your mission to create real change in the world.
Complete the form on this page to find out more about BBMS.
Don't forget to share this post!