• Full time flexible role
• Competitive salary with modern offices
• Darlinghurst, inner city location close to Kings Cross station and other transport links
• Outstanding opportunity to join a high performing fundraising team
• Contribute to strategy with autonomy over program
The Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institutes’ medical research programs. The Foundation also delivers Garvan’s public engagement and awareness activities.
The remarkable success of the Foundations activities is having a catalytic impact on the Institute’s ability to make scientific contributions that will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better treatments and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
Exciting opportunity reporting to the Innovation and Special Projects Manager, the Senior Regular Giving Specialist is responsible for leading the acquisition and retention of donors through multiples channels across the recently re- established face-to-face program, telemarketing, and digital (including email / direct mail and social media).
You will play a vital role and be given the freedom to test innovative strategies to engage existing donors whilst increasing retention rates and levels of giving.
The role is busy and varied and will suit a skilled (and ideally experienced) senior fundraising coordinator who possesses a positive, can-do attitude with an interest in understanding numbers whilst effectively managing third party agency relationships to drive engagement and support.
You will be collaborating with the Innovation and Special Projects Manager to meet deadlines whilst delivering to the quality of Garvan’s premium brand.
• Coordinate and lead the regular giving acquisition and retention program across face-to-face, telemarketing, and digital channels.
• Manage and build robust relationships with third party agencies to ensure acquisition targets are met.
• Manage and monitor budgets, tracking income and expenses and deliver reports to ensure strategic and operational oversight is being provided.
• Work with 3rd party suppliers and the in-house digital team to execute campaigns to drive engagement, leads and acquisition of donors.
• Develop and deliver training sessions to inspire agency fundraisers.Develop and deliver training sessions to inspire agency fundraisers.
• Manage the current regular giving campaigns and supporter journey including conversions, upgrades and re-activations.
• Manage and execute communications distributed to regular donors.
• Work closely with Supporter Care team to ensure processes are completed on schedule.
• Assist Project and Innovation Manager with development of overall strategy for Regular Giving
• Ensure campaigns are executed on time, KPI's are achieved and campaigns are within budget.
• Maintain sector networks and keep up to date with industry Best Practice.
• Lead the development of any collateral required for the Regular Giving Program.
YOUR SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Tertiary qualifications in marketing and/or fundraising ideal with previous experience in fundraising highly regarded (face-to-face, direct marketing or telemarketing) but not essential.
• Positive can-do attitude with strong work ethic and ability to manage relationships.
• High level numeracy skills with experience of data driven decision making.
• Experience in database use.
• Proven ability to maintain good relationships with suppliers and agencies.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• An understanding of digital marketing and experience in its use within an organisational context or personally.
• Excellent computer literacy, including intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The team are sociable, hardworking and passionate about reaching fundraising targets, so that they can continue to contribute to research for a future where everyone lives longer, healthier lives.
If you are sophisticated and empathetic communicator, possess the highest standards of professionalism with initiative and a can-do attitude, we want to hear from you!
Don’t delay, for a confidential discussion please call 0448519121 or email Christina@causerecruitment.com.au