Garvan Institute of Medical Research is looking for a Senior Data Analytics Officer.
- Outstanding opportunity to join a high performing team supporting world-class scientific medical research
- Competitive salary with modern offices and opportunity to work flexibly
- Contribute to strategy by enabling data-focussed decision-making
- Darlinghurst, city location close to Kings Cross station and other transport links
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is a world class scientific institute. Their mission is to harness all the information encoded in our genome to better diagnose, treat, predict and prevent disease.
Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Institute, raising awareness of and vital funds from individuals, trusts and foundations and corporate an community groups.
The Foundation’s income has grown from a fundraising base of $110,000 in its first year to more than $55 million in 2019 - 42% of the Institute’s total income. The remarkable success of the Foundations activities is having a catalytic impact on the Institute’s ability to make scientific contributions that will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better treatments and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
The core responsibility of the Data Analyst is to support a data-focussed fundraising and marketing strategy within the Foundation. This role leads a small Data Team, which covers a breadth of responsibilities from the maintenance of data hygiene to targeting, analytics, systems management and data visualisation. This role requires a critical thinker with the ability to think holistically about data sourced from various channels.
You will play a vital role in providing crucial support to helping all teams achieve their fundraising and philanthropy targets, with an overall objective to support Garvan’s vision of a future where everyone lives a longer healthier life.
The role is busy and varied and will suit a skilled data analyst - ideally with a broad level of business and marketing experience.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the role will work closely with all program areas within the Foundation and will enjoy a wealth of opportunities to be inspired by and engage with Garvan scientists. It has one direct report: Senior Database Coordinator.
- Conceptualise, scope, and validate potential new solutions and applications to streamline data processes
- Manage the connections between all data sources online and offline using APIs to build a view across channels and form a cohesive system
- Work with the Senior Database Coordinator to effectively prepare and manage data for all fundraising initiatives including: direct marketing appeals (offline and online) and regular giving campaigns
- Monitor email marketing platform to create efficiencies and effectively manage e-mail communication donor journeys within the platform and as it flows into the database
- Manage the effective flow of data from the Foundation’s website transactional pages into the database
- Build strong and trusted relationships with all Foundation staff to help advocate the use of data for effective management and decision-making in all programs
- Create and manage relevant profiling and segmentation of all donors
- Develop and give targeting recommendations for all Foundation program areas
- Using predictive analytics, develop models to help maximise results against agreed on program objectives
- Present findings from analyses in a clear and actionable format, using reports and data visualisation
- Work with the Senior Database Coordinator to produce queries, lists, exports and reports as required by the Foundation
- Oversee the ongoing development and maintenance of the donor database and other platforms to ensure operational efficiency including liaising with database suppliers and other technical consultants to resolve database issues
YOUR SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Prior experience in a similar role essential
- Raiser’s Edge, or similar database, experience at super-user level is required. A sound understanding of the structural principles of databases
- Sound knowledge and experience in SQL and other programming languages such as Python and R
- Well-versed with the use and implementation of API’s
- Excellent knowledge of multi-channel data preparation and management for data analysis
- Experience with data visualisation software such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with email platforms, such as Mailchimp
- Understanding of multi-channel fundraising and marketing communications
- Absolute commitment to accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Ability to work harmoniously in a small team including the ability to keep team members informed about status of work and customer service expectations
- Flair for analysing and improving processes and procedures
- Ability to prioritise and good time-management skills
- Capacity to understand, think critically and interpret significant amounts of data
- Demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The team are hardworking and passionate about supporting Garvan’s vision of a future where everyone lives longer, healthier lives. The Institute have a culture of engagement and wellbeing where you will be supported and empowered to make an impact on Garvan’s scientific achievements.
If you are a strategic thinker, sophisticated communicator and possess the highest standards of professionalism with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you!
Don’t delay, for a confidential discussion please call 0448519121 or email Christina@causerecruitment.com.au